In addition to being dedicated to our patients, SkinCare Physicians is devoted to the community. The compassionate physicians and dermatology staff of our greater Boston practice regularly donate their time and talents to support a variety of worthy causes. Review this page to learn more.
To find out more about our Boston dermatology practice, request a consultation online or call our office in Chestnut Hill at (617) 731-1600.
Skin Cancer Education & Awareness
- Since 2011, SkinCare Physicians has been hosting a free Couples Skin Cancer Screening night around Valentine’s Day to teach people to do a thorough skin examination on their partner and protect them from skin cancer.
- For the past several years, on Melanoma Monday® (first Monday of May), SkinCare Physicians has been supporting the American Academy of Dermatology’s SPOT Skin Cancer™ campaign by encouraging staff members and personnel to wear orange, and by hosting a free skin cancer screening day.
- Dr. Robin Travers will serve again as one of the coaches for the Melanoma Foundation of New England’s 2018 Marathon Team. She has been involved with that team for several years now and has run her 13th Boston Marathon last April raising over $23000.
- Dr. Robin Travers is also very active with the Melanoma Foundation of New England’s Skinny on Skin program traveling across New England to educate hair stylists about how to spot skin cancers on their clients.
Support for Other Cancer Charities
- SkinCare Physicians’ Chief Operating Officer, Christine Foley, raised over $9000 for the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s Boston Marathon Team in April 2016.
- Dr. Tania Phillips and Dr. Jeffrey Dover participated again in 2017, in the 35nd Pan-Massachusetts Challenge (PMC) and other members of the team volunteer. The PMC ride helps cancer patients by supporting life-saving cancer research and treatment at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
- Our SkinCare Research department participated in the Jimmy Fund Walk Rally Against Cancer in September 2013.
Other Community Causes
- We established Boston Marathon Project Heal after the 2013 bombing left many with disfiguring scars. We provide free laser treatment of scars to anyone injured in the Boston Marathon bombing.
- We do something every year around the holiday season to help people in need. This year we will give gifts to 50 children attending a school in Brighton. Last year we participated in the Gift-A-Vet program, and two years ago we sent items to the men and woman who are serving overseas in the military with the help of Carepacks.
- SkinCare Physicians held several Thanksgiving Sock Drive for Rosie’s Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, and Dr. Phillips volunteers there regularly. To learn more about this amazing resource, visit www.rosiesplace.org
- SkinCare Physicians formed a team to support The 2014 Walk to Cure Psoriasis organized by the National Psoriasis Foundation to raise funds for psoriasis research and patient advocacy.
- Members of our practice have walked, ridden, and run for:
- Project Bread’s Walk for Hunger
- Santa Speedo Run
- American Cancer Society
- Play Ball! Foundation
- Tuft’s 10K
- Other members have devoted their time for causes close to their heart including:
- Birthday Wishes bringing birthday parties to homeless children
- Sheets from Home