Many of our doctors at SkinCare Physicians attended the American Academy of Dermatology’s (AAD) 71st annual meeting this past weekend in Miami.
Dr. Thomas Rohrer who is a member of the board of directors for the AAD, gave numerous presentations, demonstrated latest techniques and moderated various symposiums. Dr. Rohrer was actively involved in many fascinating sessions:
– Moderating the Resident Practice Management Symposium where he talked about hiring and maintaining exceptional staff in a dermatology office.
– Giving a live talk and demonstration on how to inject filler substances to attain optimal results, along with Dr. Michael Kaminer.
– Chairing and speaking in a session on surgical reconstruction.
– Presenting in a dermatologic surgery session about cosmetic tips and pearls where he explained how to improve aesthetic results with fillers and toxins.
– Giving a talk on pigmented lesion lasers (or removing brown spots and tattoos).
During this biggest dermatology meeting of the year, Dr. Rohrer received a Presidential Citation for work he did on one of the committees restructuring the AAD communications.
Dr. Jeffrey Dover demonstrated the treatment of the aging face during “The State of Art of Aesthetic Dermatology" session along with Dr. Naz Saedi, who was trained as a fellow at our practice. As chair of the live injection session, Dr. Dover was responsible for selecting the best injectors in the Academy to treat live patients in front of an audience of 500 AAD members. They demonstrated a variety of injection techniques including neuromodulators and fillers.
In another live demonstration course, entitled Application of our Aesthetic Toolbox for the Treatment of Medical and Dermatologic Disorders, Dr. Dover treated a patient who had facial asymmetry after suffering from Bell’s palsy. He also discussed ways to maintain a neuromodulator practice in the 2013 economy at the session Dermatologic Surgery: Cosmetic Tips and Pearls.
Dr. Michael Kaminer gave a lecture at the annual Residents Symposium on tools to evaluate the economic health of a practice. Dr. Kaminer also attended the MiraDry Advisory Board meeting where amazing new data were shared including near 100% efficacy for underarm sweat reduction.
Dr. Tania Phillips chaired a symposium entitled Wounds and Ulcers, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.