Lips & Lip Wrinkles
A number of changes occur in and around the lips with age: lips lose volume, change color and wrinkle, and fine lines appear around the mouth. This is the result of the natural decrease in collagen production and moisture levels, as well as physiological and environmental factors. SkinCare Physicians’ lip rejuvenation program near Boston includes minimally invasive treatments such as Botox and Dysport to weaken the pucker that causes the lines, facial fillers to augment thinning lips and fill the lines, microneedling to stimulate collagen and elastin production, Pellevé to tighten the skin, and our latest advanced laser procedure OMAR to smooth the lines.
SkinCare Physicians’ dermatologists have developed a comprehensive approach to improving lip lines and wrinkles, as well as enhancing lip appearance with very natural-looking results. To learn more about the extensive offering of lip treatment options at our Boston area practice, request a consultation online or call our office at (617) 731-1600 to schedule an appointment. We’ll help you love your lips.
We offer a variety of procedures to address aging lips, enhance their appearance and rejuvenate the skin around the mouth. Our Boston-area skin care experts will design a personalized treatment plan during your consultation that may include one or more of the following treatments:
- BOTOX Cosmetic and Dysport® injections reduce the puckering of the lip which is a major cause of the vertical lines appearing with age. Over months, the lines improve instead of getting deeper and more noticeable.
- Injectable fillers such as Juvéderm Ultra, Volbella, Vollure, Bélotero and Restylane are used in a very gentle and precise way to fill the lip lines without making the lips look too plump. This quick procedure provides immediate results lasting up to 12 months.
- Microneedling is a gentle resurfacing procedure with minimal downtime and long lasting results that works remarkably well to rebuild collagen and improve the lines on the upper and lower lips.
- Pellevé® for skin tightening uses radiofrequency energy to help the skin’s collagen become tighter, and works particularly well to improve the appearance of annoying upper and lower lip lines. A series treatments provides lasting results with smoother, more wrinkle-free skin around the mouth.
- OMAR (Optimized Mechanical Ablative Rejuvenation) laser, the newest component of SkinCare Physicians’ lip program, smooths away upper lip wrinkles and other lines around the mouth. This two-step procedure uses a fractional carbon dioxide laser followed by the liquid filler Sculptra, which is applied to the skin to penetrate the hundreds of micro channels created by the laser. The results are new collagen production over a period of weeks and lasting improvement in the length and depth of wrinkles on the upper lip and around the mouth.