As a research-centered dermatology practice serving the Boston area, SkinCare Physicians remains at the forefront of the latest breakthroughs in the field. Our patients directly benefit from a diverse, continually updated knowledge base.
To get started, request a consultation online at our practice near Boston or call our dermatology office at (617) 731-1600 to schedule an appointment.
General Dermatology Services
Our internationally recognized dermatologists and knowledgeable support staff offer diagnostic and therapeutic services for common and complicated skin disorders, including:
- Acne treatment is often not straightforward; our experience enables us to recommend the options best suited to your condition and lifestyle.
- Eczema affects people of all ages, from infants to adults. This condition commonly causes dry, itchy, red areas, and can be mild or severe. We can treat eczema through proactive measures and medication.
- Moles and spots are screened for cancer and can be removed when prudent or desired for cosmetic reasons.
- Psoriasis is a skin disorder that is not curable but may be managed. Our Psoriasis Treatment Center, directed by world-renowned psoriasis expert Dr. Jeffrey Sobell provides advanced treatments and therapies to improve the quality of life for our patients who suffer from severe psoriasis.
- Rosacea causes areas of the face such as the cheeks and nose to become red. Advanced cases can cause pustules to form. It may be controlled in its early stages with medication.
- Scars from injury, surgery, or illness can cause self-consciousness and discomfort. Medical treatment of scars includes steroid injections, cryotherapy (freezing), surgical removal, and skin grafts.
- Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer, but rarely fatal if caught and treated early. We offer regular full-body skin checks as well as skin cancer evaluation and treatment to increase the likelihood of a successful recovery.
- Thinning hair can result from treatable medical conditions or male pattern baldness. Our physicians perform a thorough family history and medical assessment to accurately determine the cause of thinning hair and recommend appropriate treatment options.
Our team of dermatologists includes doctors who have specialized training and experience in pediatric dermatology. We commonly treat infants and children for eczema, warts, skin infections, and diaper rash. Our kind and approachable physicians strive to help our younger patients feel at ease and comfortable during examination and treatment.